Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Thinks I learned about my cat this week

It has been one week since we brought little Remy home from the humane society. His cute little face and tiny meow has greeted us every morning. Though he is certainly a great addition to our little world, there has been some learning to do about our new roomies personality.

1. Clovis Don't Like To Be Touched. I hope someone out there besides my sister and I remember the happy little Disney film "The Apple Dumbling Gang." In the movie, three orphaned kids get thrown together with a long-lost uncle who marries the local fiery red-head in order to keep the kids and love ensues. Oh, and Tim Conway and Don Knotts are bumbling stagecoach robbers. But I digress. The youngest boy in the trio- Clovis- well, he doesn't like to be touched and often times kicks and bites when someone touches him.

Remy's middle name may soon be Clovis.

He is an attacker. An aggressor. But only about 15% of the time. We can't figure it out. He doesn't do it all the time or consistently but when he doesn't want you to pet him, he lets you know it. We suspect some sort of Jekyl & Hyde complex or Schizophrenia because his attacks are random and weird. I want to say his aggression is waning but I think I am being optimistic.


2. Hair, Hair Beautiful Hair. When they say short-haired cat, that doesn't mean the short hair won't spend most of its time on your couch, chair or floor. Our attempt at limiting the amount of cat hair in our house by avoiding a long-haired cat backfired with this white furball. Luckily, I picked up a FURminator today at the local pet store. It comes highly recommended and is supposedly going to help out with the hair. I'll keep you posted.


3. He hates easter eggs. He has a easter egg toy that he spends hours kicking around the house in what seems to be utter disdain. He's gonna get that egg one day, as soon as he can get it unstuck from under the dryer.

4. He loves his new dad!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FURminator gets a thumbs up - spendy, but effective. Tell Ben: Nice white tee - Damn sexy.