Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day 2014: A Review in Pictures

As a mom, I try not to put too much importance on Mother's Day. It's an arbitrary day to collectively acknowledge as a society that mother's rule the world.  But a lot of pomp and circumstance over the day seems silly and a bit contrived. And yet, I love every tidbit of acknowledgement I get as part of its celebration. And if I were to get nothing on that floral-focused Sunday, I wouldn't be mad or upset. But I would remember.

As it so happens, my Mother's Day weekend was exceptional. It was definitely a reminder what a great job being a mom can be. And how great it is to get to take a break from it on occasion.

My Mother's Day in Pictures

Cards from My Buddy

Flowers from My Husband

Manicure/Pedicure Day with Jamie Courtesy of Husbands

Eli hijacked my phone and decided to take my picture Mother's Day morning.
Viewing of the Grand Budapest Hotel with Celeste at the Hollywood Theater

I'm pretty lucky. And sometimes its forced holidays like Mother's Day that remind me how good I have it.

No comments: