Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Umpqua Dairy Summer Ice Cream Flavors!


I was so excited today to see a print ad for Umpqua Dairy's summer ice cream flavor Lemon Cream Pie. It was such a major favorite for me when I was a kid. Being a 25 year employee of Umpqua Dairy, my dad never left us wanting for gallons of ice cream at home. He would bring home new flavors for us to try and old favorites that he knew would always be a hit (kids can't get enough of cookies and cream and mint chocolate chip).


While winter meant we pigged out on peppermint ice cream, summer marshalled in the availability of Lemon Cream Pie, Mountain Berry Revel and Strawberry variations. I've tried to tone down my ice cream intake since then, but I'll admit I struggle on a regular basis to not buy a couple gallons everytime I hit the grocery store.


So, as soon as the weather starts to actually act like it's summer, I plan to treat myself to a bowl of my favorite summer ice cream and have a moment of nostalgia. Then I'll throw the rest of the gallon carton away. :-)

1 comment:

Celeste Pantalones said...

My dad always brought home tin roof sundae for himself and mint chip for us kids. Ah, memories....and cravings!