Monday, May 19, 2008

What I Heard at 24Hour Fitness Today

I forgot my iPod today in my mad-dash to get to the gym before the day got crazy. This afforded me the opportunity to listen to the tunes being streamed over the 24Hour Fitness airwaves.

When I used to go workout late at night - anywhere from 10pm and 1am - the 24hour fitnesser running the show at that time would treat us to whatever the top 40 club mixes were at that moment. I caught a lot of Fergie, Usher, Maroon5, Gwen, that sort of thing. The 9am crowd must be a very different demographic cuz here's a sample of what I caught this morning.

Queen of Hearts (Juice Newton) followed by...
Karmachameleon (Culture Club) then...
She's A Beauty (Tubes) directly into...
Money for Nothing (Dire Straits)

Strangely, none of these really got me more amped to work out. Of course, I suppose Fergie didn't either.

No comments: